Sunday 1 December 2013

'The Yuletide 24 2013' Part 1 (Hertford Soul's Songs of the Year)

In my past blogging life I used to collate a list of my favourite 24 songs of the year. It was called The Yuletide 24 in homage to the late, great John Peel's Festive 50.

The reason there are only 24 songs included is because I once wrote a blog post stating that, for various reasons, 24 songs was the optimum number of songs to put on a playlist. I'm not going to bore you with that stuff now though.

Anyway, as of today, seeing as it's the 1st December, I will be counting down this year's Yuletide 24 daily on twitter until on Christmas Eve when my favourite song of the year will be announced. Please follow me on there - @HertfordSoul - if you want to watch the daily drama, the shocks and the triumphs, unfold and also if you want to find out whether Robin T. or Miley C. have made the final cut.  Oh, and the hashtag will be #Yuletide24 if you miss a day, which I know you won't.

Just to tickle your tastebuds, the Top 5 in 2012 were :

5. 'That's Alright' by Kindness
4. 'Under the Westway' by Blur
3. 'Forever' by Haim
2. 'Black White & Blue' by Ladyhawke
1. 'Lightning Bolt' by Jake Bugg

The full 2013 list will be uploaded to the blog at the end of December along with a Spotify playlist for your listening pleasure.  That will also be the green light for you all to start verbally abusing me for my poor choices.  In the meantime, I'd love to hear which songs have floated your boat this year - even if it was Robin or Miley, please don't be shy.

Thanks for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment